How to use a TENS machine to improve postureFebruary 10, 2023
Reading Time: 3 minutes
Improve Fitness Performance Using a TENS/EMS Machine
TENS (Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation) machines are commonly used to relieve pain and accelerate healing. But did you know that there are TENS devices that also have an EMS (Electrical Muscle Stimulation) functionality that can be used to improve athletic performance? That is right! Our machines have a dual functionality, which means that their EMS (Electrical Muscle Stimulation) mode can be used to increase strength, endurance, and overall fitness.
Here are some ways in which an EMS machine can help to improve your athletic performance:
- Increased Muscle Strength: EMS machines can help to increase muscle strength by stimulating the muscle fibers to contract more forcefully than they would during normal exercise. This can lead to increased muscle mass, improved muscle endurance, and enhanced power output.
- Enhanced Muscle Recovery: EMS machines can also be used to enhance muscle recovery after exercise or injury. The electrical impulses can help to improve blood flow to the muscles, which can reduce inflammation and promote healing.
- Improved Muscle Endurance: EMS machines can help to improve muscle endurance by training the muscles to sustain contractions for longer periods of time. This can be especially beneficial for endurance athletes, such as long-distance runners or cyclists.
- Enhanced Muscle Recruitment: EMS machines can help to enhance muscle recruitment by activating more muscle fibers than would normally be activated during exercise. This can lead to greater overall muscle activation and improved athletic performance.
- Increased Range of Motion: EMS machines can also be used to increase range of motion by relaxing tight muscles and improving flexibility. This can lead to improved athletic performance, especially for sports that require a high degree of flexibility, such as gymnastics or dance.
How to use a TENS/EMS Machine to improve athletic performance
Here are some steps you should follow to use your device to improve athletic performance:
- Identify the target muscles: Determine which muscles you want to target and which specific areas you want to stimulate.
- Clean the skin: Clean the skin thoroughly with soap and water to remove any dirt, oil, or sweat. This will ensure that the electrodes stick to the skin and deliver a consistent electrical current.
- Apply the electrodes: Apply the TENS machine electrodes to the target muscle areas. Place the electrodes on either side of the muscle, and adjust the settings based on your level of tolerance.
- Adjust the settings: Adjust the TENS machine settings to a comfortable level. Start with a low intensity and gradually increase the intensity until you feel a mild tingling sensation.
- Begin the treatment: Begin the TENS treatment and allow the machine to run for the recommended time period. Typically, a TENS session lasts between 15 and 30 minutes.
- Stretch and warm-up: After the TENS treatment, it is important to stretch and warm up the muscles. This will help to prevent injury and improve flexibility.
- Repeat the process: Repeat the process regularly to see the best results. However, be careful not to overuse the TENS machine, as this can lead to muscle fatigue and soreness.
Overall, using a TENS machine can be a safe and effective way to improve sports performance. However, it is important to consult with a medical professional before starting any new treatments or exercises, especially if you have any pre-existing medical conditions.